Friday, August 31, 2012

More to check out – Facebook.com/Girlfriendology   and Twitter/@Girlfriendology where we’re connecti




Girlfriend guru and avid traveler JANET DEVITO shares miami beach hotel wedding her wonderful Alaska miami beach hotel wedding cruise miami beach hotel wedding adventure (and amazing whale watching video) with us and opens up a whole new aspect of Alaska for our consideration.
As an avid and passionate traveler, when someone miami beach hotel wedding mentioned "Alaskan Cruise" my first thought would be "yeah yeah yeah, someday when I am older."  For whatever reason, I associated "Alaska Cruises" with "Senior Citizens."  Boy was I wrong!  This summer, I ventured out to the pristine "last frontier" on the Celebrity Infinity and discovered there are many myths and generalizations miami beach hotel wedding about Alaska Cruises.  Here are my Top Five Myths about an Alaska Cruise
I admit, I did make that generalization. miami beach hotel wedding Alaska was definitely on my Bucket List, but I thought that it was a trip I would take in my 60s.  After boarding the Celebrity Infinity I quickly realized miami beach hotel wedding that I was wrong!  At the Muster Drill (lifeboat drill conducted for safety) I looked miami beach hotel wedding around and was very surprised to see young families, romantic young couples, singles, and seniors.  The atmosphere on the ship was energetic and adventurous.  The activities available were geared towards every age.
At every port of call, there were so many adventures, it was hard to choose what we wanted to do!   So many fabulous options and adventures. In Ketchikan, we kayaked after speed boating to a secluded cove. I never even considered that I would see star fish in the shallow cold beach waters. Just one of the many amazing sights. After boarding the ship, we talk to fellow ship mates and trade "what did you do today" stories, miami beach hotel wedding only to find ourselves saying "I wish to done that too!"  I quickly realized that I could do the same cruise next year and do something wonderful and different at each port of call.  I WILL RETURN!
We did have a balcony miami beach hotel wedding and it was well worth it!  Cruising Alaska is extraordinarily scenic and we didn't want to miss a moment.  There were times after just waking up, showering for the day, or having coffee miami beach hotel wedding that we would run to the balcony shouting "Oh My God!  Look at that!"  A fleeting moment of a seal on an ice berg or a passing whale that we otherwise would have missed.  Sometimes we would opt to sit on the balcony and absorb the scenery, just the two of us.  We felt like we were in our own little "private Alaska."  The balcony worth every penny!
For those who can't take more than a week off for vacation, don't let that stop you from seeing Alaska.  We went for seven days and although we had to make a few tough decisions about what to do, sharing stories at the Martini bar each night before dinner confirmed miami beach hotel wedding that even if we came for 14 days, we STILL wouldn't have seen it all!  My thoughts better to see Alaska for seven days than not see it at all!  IF you want to see more, go again! miami beach hotel wedding (P.S. Longer Alaska cruises might have a bigger population of seniors due to the fact that they are retired miami beach hotel wedding and CAN take off for two weeks.)
Our first whale sighting was amazing, but the excitement didn't stop there.  Each sighting miami beach hotel wedding held the same amazement actually seeing miami beach hotel wedding these creatures in the wild was different each time.  We were fortunate enough to witness "bubble feeding," a humpback whale phenomenon in Juneau.
No matter how any times a whale breached the surface, there was a collective sigh. Bald eagles, wolves, bears, mountains breathtaking each and every time.  Much due to the incredibly entertaining and informative lectures (I would prefer to call them "shows") given by talented, animated speaker Brent Nixon (  www.naturetalksbybrentnixon.com  ) .  I HIGHLY miami beach hotel wedding recommend!  He piqued my interest in things I never thought possible.  He is a #1 reason to Cruise miami beach hotel wedding Alaska on Celebrity Cruises! The other reasons incredible service, spa, onboard activities, dining options, and access to some of the best adventures Alaska has to offer!  So when you ask "Then what?" The answer is "boredom is NOT an option" on a Celebrity Cruise to Alaska.
After my fantastic experience on the Celebrity Infinity, I have already rebooked the Celebrity Solstice next year.  Same itinerary. Same 7 days. Same balcony cabin.  TOTALLY different experience and I can't wait!
JANET DEVITO is 48 years old, happily married and just plain happy!  She always wondered what she would do when her kids were grown.  After raising five children, she decided to follow her passion for travel and friends by hosting Girls Getaway Cruises. Definitely not an "empty nester!" You can find Janet at www.GirlsOnACruise.com .
By the way, we LOVE guest blogs here at Girlfriendology. Have a great girlfriend story to tell? Want to celebrate your fabulous female friends? miami beach hotel wedding SHARE! (And, we also have Girlfriend Gurus – check that out to be featured on Girlfriendology!) SIGN UP for our weekly newsletter and get our FREE eBook '30 Days / 30 Ways to Be a Better miami beach hotel wedding Friend ' - check it out!
More to check out – Facebook.com/Girlfriendology   and Twitter/@Girlfriendology where we're connecting with over 50,000 women (we block guys!) and Pinterest.com/Girlfriendology where we share visual inspiration and great quotes. More Girlfriend Friendship Quotes .  Did you see our INFOGRAPHIC on 'What Women Want '?

No comments:

Post a Comment