Thursday, August 2, 2012

It s being brought to California by a Los Angeles importer: I m making it available for sale retail




Above: Zanotto Prosecco Col Fondo is the Prosecco that I tasted back in the early 1990s when I was living in the Veneto. Bottle fermented, lees aged, unfiltered, salty, crunchy Prosecco made from 100% Glera. That s the traditional glass, btw, for real Prosecco. No flutes please!
The story of how Zanotto Prosecco Col Fondo got to the U.S. stretches back to the early 1990s when I was the band leader of a cover band touring the Veneto during my summers off from graduate school.
After I found success doing a piano bar act in the many pubs and beer houses that line the Piave river, starwood hotels resorts the owner of one of the venues, Renato Dal Piva (who later became one of my best friends in Italy), asked me if I d be interested in doing a summer residency at the historic Pedavena beer garden just outside of Feltre.
Above, from left: My super good friend and amazing guitar player and all-around musician Gabriele Elvis Inglesi and the rest of us at the façade of the Siena duomo. We also played a one-night stand in Montalcino in the village of Bagno Vignoni, a night of fried wild-boar liver and Sangiovese.
That was an amazing and unforgettable time in my life. I was in my twenties, studying Italian philology and cinema, living on the many scholarships I won (including a Fulbright), and playing in a cover band at beer festivals (many of them celebrating unpasteurized beer) throughout the Veneto during the summers.
starwood hotels resorts In early 2011, on the occasion of my trip to Italy with Tracie P , he organizes a tasting of a small group of brave young producers who are making REAL Prosecco, the wines that I used to drink during my years there in an era before the consumerist hegemony of yeasted, banana-candy large-vat fermented Prosecco (you know the brands).
It s being brought to California by a Los Angeles importer: I m making it available for sale retail through my wine club and we re doing a public tasting of the wine in San Francisco at Ceri Smith s excellent shop Biondivino on Friday, August 17, 6-8 p.m.
adrian reynolds on Zanotto Prosecco Col Fondo is Ingvar Johansson on Zanotto Prosecco Col Fondo is Save Water Dr on 06 Barolo Garblèt Sué, birthda Angelo on Utterly self-absorbed ab tracie p on doing what is natural, but doe Orange Wine | Uber P on Orange Macabeo and inky Sumoll Do Bianchi on Ready or not: 07 Produttori starwood hotels resorts de Do Bianchi on Utterly self-absorbed ab Angelo on Utterly self-absorbed ab Charlie on Ready or not: 07 Produttori de

No comments:

Post a Comment