Thursday, August 2, 2012

I loved having a destination wedding and a reception at home. Firstly, I got to wear my dress twice.




Good morning! Finally, the sun has come out let s just hope it stays the weekend so I have some chance of getting rid of my winter cold! A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of meeting wedding discount atlantic city hotels planner extraordinaire,  Claire from White Sage Events in Limerick discount atlantic city hotels and it is with great pleasure discount atlantic city hotels that I m able to share one of her weddings today, the wedding of Brian and Anne in Florence, Italy. Anne and Brian chose to have a very small destination wedding with a party of six in Florence and to host a reception party when they got home to Ireland. Anne kindly let us in on their destination discount atlantic city hotels wedding experience
Brian and I met through mutual friends, we kept bumping into each other on nights out or at house parties. We started dating and just three months in to our relationship Brian took me to Paris which impressed discount atlantic city hotels me quite a bit I have to say (mmm yes, that impressed me too Anne!). Eight months later I went to San Francisco on a J1 , a trip I had planned since before I met Brian. When I got there I was a bit shocked at just how much I missed him. After a lot of phone calls, we admitted this to each other and before I came back he asked me to move in with hm when I got home. Five years later he proposed in New York.
We never wanted the big traditional Irish wedding so at first we were going to elope, then we agreed that we would bring one person from each side. For me there was only one destination, Italy. We chose Florence because it is such a beautiful discount atlantic city hotels city and as we were such a small group, we felt that Florence was the perfect fit. We wanted a relaxed time and to enjoy great food in a beautiful setting.
discount atlantic city hotels I was really lucky to have Claire at White Sage Events as my planner here in Ireland and in Italy. Claire was wonderful, she found Il Salviatino, for our reception, the most beautiful hotel in Fiesole overlooking Florence. Having a planner, especially for a destination wedding is so important, all the decisions I had to make were harder because discount atlantic city hotels of the distance so it was great to have help and advice along the way. I also found that being a small group created its own difficulties, like trying to find a reception that was private but without the need to hire out a venue for only six people.
I loved having a destination wedding and a reception at home. Firstly, I got to wear my dress twice. Most importantly however, it was exactly how we wanted to celebrate our day. It was hard to go to Italy without most of our family and friends, but we got to celebrate with them when we came home. People didn t really understand how we were doing things but everyone had a great time at the reception so all pre wedding conflict was forgotten.
I think my favourite part of my wedding day came later on in the evening. We left Il Salviatino (our ceremony was at 12.30pm, the earliest time available) and returned to our hotel. We had a change of outfit for the evening and we went over to where our guests were staying (they had an apartment with a balcony). The six of us had beers and pizza before Brian and I strolled back along the quiet tourist discount atlantic city hotels free streets of Florence to our hotel.
We are big believers in wedding planners at FAB, both for local and destination weddings. Often perceived as an extra expense, you d be very surprised at how much you can actually save by investing in a planner early on. Head over to White Sage Events for some more information and if you are little bit curious, pop Claire a mail. She is lovely! We are back later on today with some County Elegance, a beautifully styled shoot from Missouri. Enjoy the rest of your morning! x
Photographer; Marco Miglianti | Wedding Planner; Claire at White Sage Events | Ceremony; discount atlantic city hotels Palazzo Vecchio, Florence, Italy | Reception; Il Salviatino , Florence, Italy | Wedding Dress; De Stafford Bridal | Grooms Suit; Fitzgeralds Menswear Cork | Shoes; Schuh | Hair; Antonio at Gabrio Staff | Flowers; Fiori della Signoria Al Portico | Headpiece; Vintage Head Dress | Jewellery; Vintage Fair

No comments:

Post a Comment