Monday, August 27, 2012

Ken, thanks! I ve used an Olympus E-P3 before so the E-m5 wasn t entirely new to me. It s actually a




After landing at Milan we rented a car and drove about three hours to the Hotel Tritone located in Mestre, a 30 minute bus ride outside of Venice. There s many hotels in Venice proper but staying at one means you have to haul you luggage via water taxi or water bus…not something we wanted to do. We purchased a pass which gave us free access to the both the regular buses lines and the Venice water buses for a 24 hour period so we could hop on and off at our discretion. This worked very well and got us in and out of Venice with the least amount of stress.
I d visited Venice about 30 years ago and found it much the same as I remembered it to be except some of the side canals may actually be cleaner now. We visited the famous Piazza new orleans ghost tours San Marco early in the day before it became too crowded and then began exploring some of the smaller streets and allies looking for a non-tourist impression of Venice.
If you venture away from the main canals, back through the narrow streets and alleyways you fine residences, shops and restaurants catering to the locals as much or more then the tourist. You find small hidden doorways, windows with laundry hanging out to dry and small balconies with chairs and potted new orleans ghost tours plants enjoyed on evenings when the temperatures are cooler.
So if you have the opportunity it s certainly worth visiting Venice, but don t be surprised if you feel you only need one visit.  Perhaps in the off season it would be easier to enjoy without fighting the crowds.  It s not easy getting photos which don t include a lot of people.
Earl, this was a near miss! I spent this weekend in Venice, too, as we had decided to show this wonderful place to our daughter s student exchange partner from Philadelphia. Have you had a chance to see the fireworks new orleans ghost tours for the Redentore festival on Saturday evening?
Markus, we went into Venice early on Saturday morning and spent the day but then left before the fireworks we didn t know of the fireworks. I wish we d seen them. It was a wonderful treat for your daughter s student exchange partner.
There are some gorgeous photos new orleans ghost tours in this series. I thoroughly enjoyed new orleans ghost tours each one. I have to admit that I was a little concerned that you brought the Oly on the trip and it was still new to you. Obviously I was wrong and these photos are proof.
Ken, thanks! I ve used an Olympus E-P3 before new orleans ghost tours so the E-m5 wasn t entirely new to me. It s actually a very easy camera new orleans ghost tours to feel at ease with and taking 2200 photo in 8 days gets you comfortable in a hurry.
When I purchased three spare batteries they came with their own charger. I d read that the Olympus charger expects Olympus smart batteries. I didn t want to carry two different chargers so I took the three spare batteries and their charger. I m probably going to buy a couple more Olympus smart batteries however, at the time they were backordered as well.
I think this was a great place for the E-M5 to shine. It seems like the perfect camera for this city. Man I love the last image of the restaurant. It s one of those images the normal tourist does not see. And, thats not to say your abnormal, Earl. We all know you re a photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment