Saturday, August 25, 2012

We are here in Oklahoma City enjoying the playoffs, it took a lot of convincing but my wife finally




We are here in Oklahoma City enjoying the playoffs, it took a lot of convincing but my wife finally gave in when I promised her we would make some shopping rounds while in the area. We got tickets to see the Los Angeles Lakers verse the Oklahoma Thunder, and we anxiously awaited the game. To get here we ended up renting a Chrysler Sebring (again) from a National back in Florida, and then we hit the open road and we were in the crowded streets of Oklahoma City in no time. Trust me when I say crowded, we went into a McDonalds to get a bite to eat the first day we were there and had to wait for almost an hour to eat. The streets cheap hotel in rome are filled with stalls just full of team colors; I mean any sport lover would be in heaven here. When we watched the game the crowd was just ecstatic the entire game through. The Thunder took on the Lakers cheap hotel in rome winning with a score of 110-89, and you wouldn't believe how loud the crowd got. I would assume this is because it's their home town, most of the people in the stadium live in Oklahoma City, but wow what a rush. We got to shake hands with the team and hang out in the stadium just about all day long. Now I don't love the NBA as much as I love the NFL but wow was this exhilarating. Every time I am at a sports game, whether in the stadium or watching it on the television I feel connected, even though my screaming from the living room clearly doesn't help the team in any way. We plan to hang out in the Oklahoma City area and see what other games we can catch. Besides, I remembering promising my wife we would do a little shopping, and "If momma ain't happy, no ones happy." Besides I love this place, I really enjoy talking sports with anyone and everyone, and as you may have figured out, everyone here understands what I am talking about.
cheap hotel in rome

No comments:

Post a Comment