Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Congrats chickky311! and welcome to this forum community :) it's a great resource for all your plann




It's free, join today! Featured Sponsors Sponsor Showcases Nora & Chris Sara Tamargo Wright Travel Agency AMW Studios View More Select One AMW Studios Arrecife Studio Mexico Blue Lens Caribe Blue Petal Cancun Wedding Video Caribbean Emotions Del Sol DJ Mannia Dream Weddings Riviera Euforia Fresa Weddings Gonzalo Nunez Juan Navarro La Luna Las Ranitas Le Reve LM Weddings Luxe Martoca Beach Mexican Wedding Photos M&J Photography- Riviera Maya, Mexico Moments That Matter Nora & Chris Ocean Photo PhotoShoots Vallarta Pierre Visual Studio- Life Photography Playaloves.me Playa Weddings {Red-i} By Chelsea Rodrigo Del Río RS Entertainment Services hotels houston intercontinental airport Samuel Luna Sara Tamargo Sculpt You Sunwing Sweet Fire Photography The Best Moments Wedding and Beauty Tropical Imaging Wedding Cancun Wright Travel Agency Zasil Studio
New Posts All Forums: Forum Nav: Home Subscriptions Private Messages Who s Online Destination Weddings Forum Social Groups BDW General Wedding Forum News Updates BDW Get Togethers BDW Contests Bugs, issues or how to navigate forum questions. Forum Suggestions hotels houston intercontinental airport Feedback Travel Deals General Wedding Planning Information Wedding Etiquette, Traditions, to dos Destination Wedding Dresses, Wedding Attire rings Buy, Sell, Trade or Freebies! Wedding Registry, Wedding Gift Bags, and OOT bags Wedding Flowers, decoration, cake, etc. Wedding Invitations, Passport Invitations, Boarding Pass Inviations, STDs, photos website At Home Reception (AHR) Wedding Music Entertainment Buy / Sell / Trade Archives Destination Wedding Articles DIY Forum: Passport Invitation Template, Boarding Pass Invitation Templates and more Blog Archive Destination Wedding Vendors Destination Wedding Vendor Marketplace Bride Referrals hotels houston intercontinental airport Share your Wedding hotels houston intercontinental airport Engagement Stories! Wedding Reviews Wedding Planning Journal CONGRATS Shout outs!! Newbies!! Honeymoon Forum Honeymoon Talk Travel Honeymoon Articles Destination Weddings in Mexico Destination Wedding in Cabo Cabo Wedding Vendors Cabo Accommodation Site Destination Wedding in Riviera hotels houston intercontinental airport Maya, Cancun surrounding areas Riviera Maya and Cancun Wedding Vendors Riviera Maya and Cancun Accommodations Site Destination Weddings in Puerto Vallarta surrounding areas Puerto Vallarta hotels houston intercontinental airport Accommodations Site Puerto Vallarta Wedding Vendors Other areas of Mexico Weddings Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Weddings Acapulco Weddings Wedding Vendors Accommodations hotels houston intercontinental airport Site Destination Weddings in the Caribbean Sandals, Beaches, and Royal Plantation Resorts Weddings Destination Weddings in Dominican Republic Destination Weddings in Jamaica Jamaica Accommodations Site Jamaica Wedding Vendors The Islands Weddings Bahamas Weddings Cuba Weddings Central South America Weddings Costa Rica Weddings Belize Weddings United States (incl. hotels houston intercontinental airport Hawaii) Weddings Destination Weddings in Hawaii Kauai Weddings Oahu Weddings The Big Island Weddings Molokai / Lanai Weddings Maui Weddings Florida Weddings Las Vegas Wedding Planning Forum California Weddings hotels houston intercontinental airport Northern California: Napa Valley - Wine Country Weddings Southern California Weddings East Coast Weddings Cruise Weddings Cruise Weddings Family and Parenting Trying to Conceive Pregnancy Mommyhood Kids Product Reviews hotels houston intercontinental airport Step-family Ladies Lounge Chit Chat Corner! hotels houston intercontinental airport Brides Roll Call Beauty, Exercise, Diet Weight Watchers Forum Random Thoughts Martha Stewart Wannabees! Just venting or funnies Celebrity Gossip!
Hi everyone!  I am in the beginning stages of planning my wedding, which will be held at Mr. Sancho's in Nov 2013.  I have already hired Cozumel Wedding Planner and we have the ball rolling on that already.  We will be staying at Cozumel Palace, and this is where I need some help!  I've been communicating with Palace Resorts group booking department, hotels houston intercontinental airport and they have quoted me group prices which I can secure with a deposit, and the deposit would be the cost of my own room paid in full to reserve the rest of the rooms.
I got an email from one of the TA's on here (Teresa at Vacations 4 Less), with an offer to help me with my travel bookings.  She quoted me basically the same prices, with the difference being that I would have to pay a percentage up front for all of the rooms as a deposit, instead of paying for my room in full like Palace Resorts was asking.
I really have no idea which option is better.  What exactly can the TA do for me that I can't do for myself, if the prices aren't any different?  My other question is this:  how far in advance did you brides start booking things like hotels and airfare?  I know that airfares are not published until 330 days in advance, so I'm wondering if I should hold off on sending out the hotel info to my guests until the airfares are published, so that they can look at package deals (hotel + airfare)?  Or are we better off informing everybody now, and just going with the group rate at the hotel and leaving the guests to find airfare on their own?
I want to get the best rates for my guests, but at this point I don't know if there will be good deals a few months from now on packages, or if we should just start the group booking process with the hotel now?  Or should I let the TA do the booking hotels houston intercontinental airport for me?
Congrats chickky311! and welcome to this forum community :) it's a great resource for all your planning needs, and I wish you all the best with finding all the info you're looking for......enjoy your planning hotels houston intercontinental airport process and have a magnificent wedding
When I first started planning my wedding I had planned on doing everything myself, hotels houston intercontinental airport then my aunt who is a TA offered to take care of the bookings for me which I'm glad she did.  As the bride you are going to be focused hotels houston intercontinental airport on dresses, hotels houston intercontinental airport menu options, music selections, invitations, etc. etc. etc and this is one thing you can have someone else do for you.  Having a TA gives everyone in your group a person to go with questions on flight times, hotel amenities, etc.  I booked our wedding almost one year in advance (late April of 2011) and in September hotels houston intercontinental airport my TA called and told me that had cancelled our flight so I had to re-book for a week earlier at that point of my planning I don't know if I would have been able to handle the stress of contacting everyone and explaining hotels houston intercontinental airport the issue so she did it for me.  For me I found there was many perks to having a TA and lot less stress.
I agree with Janette hotels houston intercontinental airport - having a TA has lessened the stress of getting everyone to book, and then to make their final payments. I've only had minimal involvement, when she's asked me for additional information.
It really depends on how many people you have, or think you'll have going with you. If it's only a few friends family, you can probably hotels houston intercontinental airport handle it on your own. Any more than that, I'd highly recommend a TA.
My TA handled all the payments from our guests, and to the resort, she is setting up the shuttle transportation from the airport to the resort (included in our group rate, and everyone sends her their flight info), she's sent out final travel documents, and handled any special requests. She helped guests find book airfare if they wanted her assistance hotels houston intercontinental airport with that too.
Our guests are almost all coming from different airports, so we could not take advantage hotels houston intercontinental airport of a bundled rate. We booked our resort in late January, for a November wedding. Most of our guests booked airfare in July-August.
One thing that the TA offered that I liked a lot is that the deposit I would have to put down for the block of rooms is much less with her than what the resort quoted me.  (Booking directly with the resort they wanted me to pay for my own room in full as the deposit for all the rooms….versus with the TA I only have to put down a 10% deposit hotels houston intercontinental airport on the total # of rooms).  She also told me that with a TA, my guests can pay for their rooms in installments, instead hotels houston intercontinental airport of one lump sum payment up front.
I've done some research on packages (resort + airfare) and I haven't found anything quite as cheap as the group rates I can get by reserving a block of rooms.  The TA told me that she can bundle the group rate with airfare at the time of booking, if that's what my guests want to do.  So unless somebody here has any other recommendations, I think that's what I'm going to do.  Secure the block of rooms at the group rate, and give my guests the option of booking the flight with their room or separate.  Does this sound like a good plan?
yes, chickky311 hotels houston intercontinental airport - that does sound like a good plan. I know how overwhelming it can be to have so many decisions to face that you hadn't even thought hotels houston intercontinental airport of before. What I've found works for me is to write it all down - and revise as I go - then just take one step at a time.......all the best! you're doing great and I wish you a perfectly wonderful wedding !
I would recommend using the TA.  When I planned my wedding in Cozumel my now husband, Michael, and I tried to do the bookings and it drove us nuts.  Our guests kept changing their arrival and departure dates.  If you can push that responsibility onto someone else do it.  I would also recommend letting your guests deal with their own flights.  Best of luck with your planning!
Can I ask, where in Cozumel did you have your wedding?  We have ours booked at Mr. Sanchos, but I'm just curious about other brides' experiences with other locations.  I ended up choosing Mr. Sanchos becaus I've been there and I liked it alot for a wedding, also I didn't like the fact that our resort didn't have any secluded/private area for the wedding ceremony.
New Posts All Forums: Forum Nav: Home Subscriptions Private Messages Who s Online Destination Weddings Forum Social Groups BDW General Wedding Forum News Updates BDW Get Togethers BDW Contests Bugs, issues or how to navigate forum questions. Forum Suggestions Feedback Travel Deals General Wedding Planning Information hotels houston intercontinental airport Wedding Etiquette, Traditions, to dos Destination Wedding Dresses, Wedding hotels houston intercontinental airport Attire rings Buy, Sell, Trade or Freebies! Wedding Registry, Wedding Gift Bags, and OOT bags Wedding Flowers, decoration, cake, etc. Wedding Invitations, Passport Invitations, Boarding Pass Inviations, STDs, photos we

No comments:

Post a Comment