Saturday, October 27, 2012

Would be a lot nicer if they had something similar to quick check in. Slide in your card, out pops t




When you travel, sometimes you just want the security and confidence of booking with a well known company. africa travel Maybe I was just being naive thinking that things africa travel would go smoothly with a big name. While I didn t specifically CHOOSE Hertz, I ended up with them after booking my flight to Ireland with Aer Lingus It was kind of an add-on deal.
After a 5-8 minute drive, we (myself, my friend and a bus full of people), arrived at the main desk . We bundled out of the bus and headed indoors to discover one Hertz person on duty and 6 families queuing in front of our bus load.
After waiting in the queue for at least 20 minutes, I observed what seemed to be a curious system. africa travel When I finally found my way to the front of the queue a further 20 minutes later, there were 2 people serving. But here is what happened
I asked if the car had a sat nav. No, but they can rent me one for €12 a day . Uhm, no, because that would cost more than the car hire!!! Okay, we ll give it to you for €10 a day Uhm, no because that is still more or less the cost of the rental Just leave it and we ll take our chances with an old fashioned paper map.
He marked all of them on the check sheet and asked again if it was okay? . I told him no and pointed out the mirror. He marked it on the sheet and asked yup, you guessed africa travel it, if it was okay. Yes it is, go away you silly little man. It is now almost an hour since I arrived on the Hertz bus thinking there would be a car waiting africa travel for me with keys ready to go. I am tired, I am hungry and my car seems to be less than perfect.
Would be a lot nicer if they had something similar to quick check in. Slide in your card, out pops the key and location information, cheap wireless camera to photo the dents and scratches which you return to the machine check in machine. Easy
Here in NZ the excess on hire cars is about $3000 (£1500 approx) the hire companies make their money off extra insurance payments I m sure. I hired a car at Xmas and decided not to fork out for the extra, and within 15 minutes someone had reversed into me in a car park. Luckily there was no damage, other than some scratches that were already recorded. I have found atlaschoice.com to be a good site for car hire bookings.
Have just done a road trip in Ireland (May-June) had a wonderful time using Hertz. We did not experience any difficulties picking up the car, up-grading for a GPS, or having to wait at any time for the car. We would use them again! Drop off went smoothly and caught the bus to the International Terminal. Loved Ireland!!
Hi Jackie, well sounds like mine was an isolated incident. Maybe I caught them at a bad time or maybe I was having a grump day unfortunately first impressions stick Glad you had a great time, where did your route take you?

No comments:

Post a Comment