Tuesday, October 2, 2012

In Cozumel when researching our excursions, I remember seeing some beach break type places that look




What to do with a 6 year old , a young grandmother, and myself in Cozumel/Costa Maya/Cayman? Wanted a dolphin swimming excursion until I researched this horrid industry. Not interested in a long day of travel to places like XeL-Ha, ruins, etc. (although my son would LOVE to see a real pyramid, just not one that's far away). Which of the 3 places has the best family-friendly snorkeling? Beaches with inflatable water toys? Underwater caverns? Best location for shopping? We're adventurous and willing to explore outside of cruise excursions. Also, food recommendations? bank of america government travel card check my balance We love seafood and authentic fare. Thanks for your help!!!
Since you're coming from a cruise, I would check out cruisecritic.com and go to the ports of call boards. bank of america government travel card check my balance You will get a lot of great recommendations for non ship excursions that are family friendly. You will be able to find out where you can go for a "beach" day that isn't a cruise ship beach day as well as restaurant tips and shopping. Going to the ruins from Cozumel would be a full day and long for a 6 year old. I believe you can go to ruins in Costa Maya, so check into that.
In Cayman look into Captain Marvin's excursions. We did a combo tour that included snorkeling, Stingray City and a stop at the Turtle Conservation Center. Your son would really enjoy the Turtles I bet. I'm not sure if he'd be ok snorkeling at 6 yrs old if he hasn't done it before, but he would probably enjoy the stingrays.
bank of america government travel card check my balance In Cozumel when researching our excursions, I remember seeing some beach break type places that looked family friendly. bank of america government travel card check my balance I can't remember the names right now, but again, if you go to cruisecritic.com and the Cozumel forum, you will be able to find them pretty easily I'm sure. There seemed to be a couple that were frequently mentioned with a beach a pool that you could get a day pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment