Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Obviously we did not get the luxury of checking in or booking activities at the 105 day mark (boo! a




What are Adventures by Disney and why are they so cool? Learn all about them now as you surf the boards! PassPorter Community m squared inc los angeles ca - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel PassPorter's Disney Cruise m squared inc los angeles ca Line Sharing Your Adventure: Disney Cruise Reports
About This Page: This is a discussion on Girls Weekend Getaway on the Disney Dream within the Sharing Your Adventure: Disney Cruise Reports, part of the PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel; I have never done a Pre-TR before, but since I am doing a few little things to get us in ... Member Name Remember Me? Password FAQ Chat Members Calendar m squared inc los angeles ca Mark Forums Read Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest , which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.
To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community m squared inc los angeles ca link.
If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member m squared inc los angeles ca name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us . Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Becky will arrive at MCO sometime on October 3rd (I will drive down from Jax and pick her up), and we will spend the night in Cocoa Beach, either at the Best Western Oceanfront (already have an oceanfront room secured there) or the Resort on Cocoa Beach.
This trip has been a few years in the making, ever since my 2010 Magic cruise when Becky announced a strong desire to sail on Disney. She tried (unsuccessfully) for about a year and a half to enlist a group of our girlfriends to make this a group cruise m squared inc los angeles ca for us. I was in from the get-go and told them just to let me know when. This past April she finally declared she was booking the cruise regardless of who was in or not, and if anyone else decided they wanted to join us, by all means they could make their plans as well. We originally planned on sailing the last weekend in September, but since Becky was booking with DVC points (she has several she needs to use or lose this year) and that sailing was no longer available with points, we decided m squared inc los angeles ca on the October 4th date. We had also planned on booking a verandah stateroom; I'm not sure if those were not available m squared inc los angeles ca for us either as we ended up booked in a 9A GTY. No biggie - for a 3-night cruise this was not a deal breaker for either of us.
This will be Becky's first cruise ever, and my thirteenth (sixth on DCL - gold baby!). She has been a non-stop mom for the past 23 years to her seven kiddos, so her hubby is taking the reins for our weekend. Now, DVC has been a bit of a challenge with my Castaway Club, to say the least. They told Becky when she booked they could not add my CC number m squared inc los angeles ca to the reservation. DCL says otherwise, but they cannot touch the reservation since DVC owns it. As of today, it's still not tied in so I will just take my CC card (yes, I have one from the old days when they issued those) in addition to a printout of my previous cruises so I at least get my returning cruiser gifts.
Obviously we did not get the luxury of checking in or booking activities at the 105 day mark (boo! as this would have been my first time doing so...I felt so cheated! LOL), but I still managed to book everything that was planned. Our stateroom was finally assigned today (I have been checking every day for the past few weeks!) and we were assigned a 9A cabin, 8008.
October 3rd - Drive to MCO from Jacksonville; pick up Becky; drive to Cocoa Beach (hopefully getting there early enough to see the Carnival Pride sail out of Port Canaveral - it departs m squared inc los angeles ca at 6:00 p.m.); eat dinner m squared inc los angeles ca somewhere.
October 4th - Head over to the port for our 11:00 - 11:30 scheduled arrival time (yes, even at the 75-day mark I was able to secure the early arrival time...whew!); possibly try for an upgrade to a verandah stateroom; just goof off on board and enjoy a few FABs.
October 5th - Nassau, with no real plans. This is Becky's first time out of the country, so we plan on getting our passports stamped (not sure how many Nassau ones are in my current passport!), m squared inc los angeles ca and then just wandering and shopping. Most likely we will spend a good deal of time just enjoying the ship as well.
October 6th - Castaway Cay. After Becky had mentioned how much she wanted to swim with dolphins, but would not do so without her kids (she and her husband plan on taking their family on a cruise possibly next year or the year after) I got in touch with her oldest daughter and we decided Castaway Ray's Stingray Adventure would be a good substitute for a surprise. Obviously I would not be able to keep this under wraps until the cruise which is what I wanted to do (considering it's right online under our activities), so I put together a little box of trinkets for Becky and sent it to her this week to coincide with the timing of our booking window. There were four items in the box representing each day, and a poem I wrote attached to each item:
Up next, I will post a few images of door magnets m squared inc los angeles ca I am making. Hopefully our Fish Extender will arrive soon as well (I ordered it just over a month ago), and I will post a picture of that when it gets here. Forgot to mention, I ordered an FE with Becky's name on it (since what I have has either Mom and me or DH and me). So this one will have Becky and me. She's crafty, so she can use it as a guide for when she sails with her family if they decide to do an FE (I am guessing m squared inc los angeles ca she will love this, so that will most likely be a yes). I have not mentioned the door magnets or FE - think those will be put up as a surprise. Oh, and a few of my FE gifts are on the way, so I will post pictures of those once I have them assembled!
My Previous Trips POR July 2012, DCL Magic May 2012, POFQ Mar 2012, POFQ Jan 2012, WL Dec 2011, WL Sep/Oct 2011, BC Sept 2011, DCL Magic and WL Nov/Dec 2010, WL Jun 2010, WL Dec 2009, DCL Wonder Oct 2009, Vero Beach June 2009, WL June 2009, POR Feb 2009, YC Dec 2008, FWCabin Oct 2008, WL Jun 2008, AKL/DCL May 2008, Poly Feb 2008, Poly Dec 2007, WL Nov 2007, CSR Oct 2007, Poly Sept 2007, WL Sept 2007, BWI Jul 2007, YC/BWI Jul 2007, YC Jun 2007, WL Mar 2007, YC Dec 2006, WL Sept 2006, YC Jul 2006, WL Feb 2006, Pop Aug 2005, WL Jun 2005, WL Oct 2004, WL Dec 2003, YC Nov 2003, WL Aug 2003, WL Jul 2003, POR Apr 2003, WL Feb 2003, WL May 2002, CBR Feb 2002, ASSports Sept 2001, FWCabins Jul 2001, CBR May 2001, OKW Apr 2001, CBR Nov 2000, CSR Oct 2000, OKW Aug 2000, DCL Feb 2000, DCL Oct 1999, BC Jul 1999, CBR Aug 1998, ASMovies Jun 1998, CR Jan 1996 and many, many one-day visits with a few offsites thrown in!
Since u r going adults only and u mentioned drinks..... I encourage u to go to the Cove Bar. It was my favorite place - sitting there enjoying a beverage while looking at the ocean!!!! And then on top of that we loved getting to know Alexandra, our bartender. She was so much fun and took such great care of us. When u c her, please tell her Susan from Texas says hi. U and Becky have a blast
First of all, it's totally not fair that you couldn't use your gold benefits on the first cruise as a gold member! But it's shaping up to be a fantastic cruise despite DVC's best efforts. You're a wonderful friend and I love the poems and goodies you gave your friend. Sounds like she deserves a bit of pampering (SEVEN kids!) and probably won't want to go home!
The PassPorter's Club "enhanced access" program offers you access to our entire collection of current and future e-books (including Disney Character Yearbook ; Disney 500 Tips ; Festivals and Celebrations ; Cruise Clues ; Sidekick ; Free-Book ; Disney Speed Planner ; Answer Book ; Disney Vacation Club Guide ; Disney Weddings & Honeymoons ; and Walt Disney World for Brits ); our collection of 50 e-worksheets (interactive trip planning worksheets); increased board allowances (like unlimited uploads; increased image byte sizes; m squared inc los angeles ca and layout style choices); a 35% discount coupon for guidebooks; the ability to see more than 25,000 super-sized photos in the PassPorter Photo Archive (suitable for desktop wallpaper and scrapbooking); m squared inc los angeles ca and much more! For details visit the PassPorter's m squared inc los angeles ca Club today!
I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author m squared inc los angeles ca of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club , Eateries , Globetrotting , Globetrotting Trip Reports and Disneyland Resort Paris forums. My Countdown Counting down to: Returning to Disneyland Paris 1 days, 22 hours, 59 minutes My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips 15 trips to WDW, including our honeymoon, four Christmases and my 30th and 35th birthdays, 4 to Disneyland in California, 5 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney and 4 Disney cruises, including the inaugural cruise round the Med summer 2007 and Alaska!
Originally Posted by Beach4-2 Since u r going adults only and u mentioned drinks..... I encourage u to go to the Cove Bar. It was my favorite place - sitting there enjoying a beverage while looking at the ocean!!!! And then on top of that we loved getting to know Alexandra, our bartender. She was so much fun and took such great care of us. When u c her, please tell her Susan from Texas says hi. U and Becky have a blast Oh, I am a huge lover of Cove Cafe - we will definitely be spending time there! Quote:
Origin

No comments:

Post a Comment