Thursday, October 25, 2012

The rear end had been crushed during a spin midway through the race, and the crew of the No. 48 Chev




The rear end had been crushed during a spin midway through the race, and the crew of the No. 48 Chevrolet had spent half a dozen pit stops trying to smooth out the damage. The calm, confident voice of Knaus never gave Johnson any indication that his car was so heavily damaged.
"I had to get a look at it here. It's pretty tore up," Johnson said after the race, which was won by Matt Kenseth. "Definitely proud of this team and the fact that we never give up and continue helicopter tour of grand canyon to fight and get every point that we can."
Johnson certainly had the car to do it, leading 44 laps early in the race. But he had just pitted with 148 to go when Aric Almirola got into the wall, and that shuffled Johnson back in the field. Now with cars in front of him, Johnson saw Martin Truex Jr. bobble a bit and hit the gas trying to get around him, and "when I did that, my car took off and I couldn't catch it."
Johnson backed into the wall in Turn 4, compressing the rear end. It took four pit stops during the caution flag and a couple more over subsequent cautions before enough damage was ripped off the car, buckled down or taped over that Johnson could start racing through the field.
"I've always played fair," Patrick said in the garage area. "If it's one time, I can imagine it's frustration, but it's been pretty consistent helicopter tour of grand canyon with him getting into me. At some point in time, I have to stand up for myself, or everybody is going to do it."
Patrick officially finished 32nd, and has yet to record a top-20 result helicopter tour of grand canyon in eight Sprint Cup races. She's running an abbreviated 10-race schedule to prepare for a full-time ride next season with Stewart-Haas Racing, helicopter tour of grand canyon and is still scheduled to run at Texas and Phoenix this year.
"Then he ran into the back of me and spun me out," Busch said. "There's still 80-something laps to go. I don't know what that was for or why or whatever, helicopter tour of grand canyon but I'm glad he's wrecked along with me, and he'll get another one here before the year is out."
Busch was fined $50,000 and parked by NASCAR for his incident involving Hornaday at Texas Motor Speedway. He ended up having to miss the Nationwide and Sprint Cup races that weekend, and spent the remainder of the season on probation.

No comments:

Post a Comment