Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I am dying to see Wicked. I know pretty much every song but have never seen it, which is just sad. I




It has always been on my life bucket list to see a Broadway show, and what better time to go? I was in Manhattan for business, staying within walking distance of Broadway, and with money in my pocket to burn.
Once I had decided, it was just a matter of selecting which show to see. Both Lion King and Wicked have been on my must-see list for ages so it was more or less between those two. After a little research (ok...a lot of research, because cheap hotels seattle I have really poor decision making abilities), I took the plunge and paid $135 for a seat 10 rows back from center stage to see Wicked.
I arrived at the theatre early (not surprising, I'm early everywhere as my IRL friends will tell you). By the way, I spell and pronounce theatre in the prententious asshole way. You should too. Makes it more legit that way.
Unfortunately, while I was picking up my ticket at will-call, I noticed that tickets were still available and for considerably less money than what I paid. I was a little bummed, but knowing that I probably wouldn't cheap hotels seattle have gotten the seat I had if I had waited another day made me feel a little better.
After I picked up my ticket, I went upstairs to grab a snack (family size peanut M Ms, just for me!) and dawdled around the gift stands. I debated cheap hotels seattle getting a little something for myself, like a keychain as a memento, but decided better of it. After all, I hadn't yet even seen the musical cheap hotels seattle so what if I hated it?
I was one of the first people into the theatre since I got there so early. Once I got to my seat, I sat there smugly proud of myself for scoring an amazing seat. That is, until an extremely tall man sat directly cheap hotels seattle in front of me. Most likely I was the only non-child who was child-sized, and he was the only guy tall enough to be basketball player in the entire theatre. And he sat right in front of ME. No matter. I was not going to let that spoil my fun. I leaned to the right the majority of the show and was able to see perfectly. I apologized profusely to the man to my right for invading his space, but luckily he did not seem to mind. And if he did mind, maybe he could see the look of "say anything and I will cut you" on my face and decided to remain silent. Nothing comes between me and cheesy musical songs.
Friends, there really are no words to describe the reaction I had. I have never enjoyed three hours of my life so much. I laughed, I cried (yes, literally), and my heart broke and soared a dozen times. The production was nothing short of perfection. Even though it was not the original cast, the cast I saw was just as phenomenal. I was so moved even by the first act, that I ran right out and purchased a coffee mug to commemorate cheap hotels seattle my first Broadway experience.
Had things not been so expensive, thus jarring me out of my musical haze, I would've also purchased the keychain for $12 and/or one of the t-shirts that cost $40. Thankfully I came to my senses whilst seriously considering the commemorative Shiz Yearbook (who doesn't need one of these!?!?). I did however, invest in the soundtrack. I say invest because in the six days since I have been to the show, I have listened to the soundtrack no less than 50 times. That is not an exaggeration.
I would LOVE to see Wicked. LOVE. I ve only been to one Broadway show in my life-In the Heights-and it was while I was traveling for work a few years ago and had the ticket paid for by the trade show I was attending. Holy. Crap. Considering my lifelong dream is to BE in a Broadways show despite the fact I have no talent, it was possibly the best entertainment experience I ve ever had. No words. I had goose bumps and loved it so much. In other words, I m insanely jealous of you...and people who can sing and act and do Broadway. Reply Delete Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy September 25, 2012 6:06 PM
I am dying to see Wicked. I know pretty much every song but have never seen it, which is just sad. I ve seen Jesus Christ Super Star like 4 times already so i think it s time to see something else. This or Les Mis would be amazing. Reply Delete Add comment cheap hotels seattle Load more...

No comments:

Post a Comment