Thursday, October 25, 2012

Yesterday I was at Bed, Bath Beyond trying to buy some bath towels. I asked the associate for help,




I'm three days into my move to the west coast , though I spent the first two nights at the Westin rodeway inn pigeon forge Bellevue, which is a five minute walk from my new apartment. I ordered a W king size mattress a couple of weeks ago during their 35% off sale, but little did I know it would take 2-3 weeks to be delivered. So I spent last night on an air mattress and am praying the real mattress arrives soon.
My car is being shipped from Florida and due to arrive next Monday, and since I'm in the process of moving I really needed a car. So I rented one at the Hertz down the road for just $150 for the entire week including tax, with the underage fee waived.
Seattle had one of their nicest summers ever, with over two months of no rainfall. This week there was supposed to be torrential rain and awful weather, but it has been beautiful – it's 60 degrees rodeway inn pigeon forge and sunny. I could get used to this!
Admittedly I'm no scientist and not the greatest person in the world with math (or meth, for that matter), but can someone explain the logic behind limiting the number of cars on the interstate? I could understand if the system rodeway inn pigeon forge led to better traffic on the interstate, though it s still bumper to bumper, so why bother?
I don't know how any restaurant stays in business with a Whole Foods in the area. Have you seen their lunch buffet? Where else can you have eggplant parmesan, rodeway inn pigeon forge curry, and guacamole all on the same plate, with a side of pretzel bread? rodeway inn pigeon forge I don't know how I'll survive (in terms of my girth and my wallet).
I've lost my faith in the afterlife. Surely it can t be worse than IKEA?! Having spent about 20 of the last 30 hours there, I really can t imagine rodeway inn pigeon forge hell could be that much worse can it? On the plus side, at least the frozen yogurt there is awesome and only a dollar.
There are people that are bad with directions, and then there's me. After living in Tampa for 10 years I still couldn't get to the supermarket next to my apartment without rodeway inn pigeon forge getting lost at least five times. That s one of the many reasons I got a navigation system in my new car (along with the fact that it s the only way I can get a girl to talk to me other than Siri).
I m mildly addicted to Starbucks, rodeway inn pigeon forge so I was quite looking forward to visiting my closest one after a 46-hour pilgrimage to IKEA. I saw one on the road though missed the turn, so drive around the block (not the fastest process in Bellevue). rodeway inn pigeon forge Then I make another round and can t find it anymore. Crap. So I make another round, and decide to park at Safeway, since I recall the Starbucks being right next to it. I proceed to walk up and down the same block four times (roundtrip, not one-way, mind you), thinking I m missing it. Surely I can t be going so crazy that stuff is disappearing on me, right? My iPhone was dead at this point, rodeway inn pigeon forge by the way a trip to IKEA will do that to you.
So I remembered there was another Starbucks just a few blocks away, so I decide to walk there. Besides, I want to get to know the area, so a bit of extra walking won t kill me. I get there and place my order, only to realize I forgot my wallet in the Mustang. So I tell the barista I left my wallet in my car, and that I left my car at Safeway, so returned about 15 minutes later with my wallet. She thought I was crazy. rodeway inn pigeon forge But I guess I kind of am. The whole Starbucks experience took a little over an hour.
Now here s something rodeway inn pigeon forge I feel rather rodeway inn pigeon forge bad about. I feel like a total douche driving that red Mustang. Nothing against people that drive it, but it just ain t my style (I m more into Old Navy ). When I went to get my wallet from the Mustang at Safeway, I decided to just drive it to Starbucks. There s a group of kids sitting at one of the tables rodeway inn pigeon forge there, and I parked right in front of it. As I walk in one of the kids says cool car, bro. I figured he was being sarcastic shame on me, perhaps, but if a friend drove up with a bright red Mustang I d probably say the same thing, rodeway inn pigeon forge minus bro so rolled my eyes and said whatever. Little did I know he was actually being serious. rodeway inn pigeon forge Now I feel bad.
Yesterday I was at Bed, Bath Beyond trying to buy some bath towels. I asked the associate for help, and proceeded to listen rodeway inn pigeon forge to what must have been the biggest babbling brook of bull$* % I ve ever heard. She asked me whether I wanted towels [I] could throw away in five or six years, or whether [I'm] looking for investment rodeway inn pigeon forge towels that [I] could keep longer than that? While I m all for diversifying investments, I don t think I ll be making towels part of my retirement portfolio.
Regarding IKEA and food, last time I went they had a sign that you can take your café receipt for a comparable discount when you bought over a few hundred dollars worth on the same day. Website doesn t mention it, but you can ask if you re in IKEA again. rodeway inn pigeon forge (Of course their food is already quite cheap, so it s just a matter of if you re in the neighborhood. And of course, it s not the tastiest food you can find.)
Check out the Whole Foods at the north end of Downtown Seattle (Westlake and Denny). rodeway inn pigeon forge Pick up a pork chop, steak, salmon filet, rodeway inn pigeon forge whatever, from the meet counter rodeway inn pigeon forge and there is a chef just across the aisle who will cook it for you for free (just pay for the protein). Sides are extra .
Urban vehicle Audi Allroad A6 it handles pillars, speed humps, traffic stuff with grace and hardly a dent, impact bumpers that are really really good, fold mirror button is park of parking. They are true European SUV s (they handle traffic controls, pillars, bollards and autobahns with ease). I love taking on the ICE between Cologne Frankfurt, the car is de chipped.
While it doesn t help once cars are literally stopped, it does reduce the rate at which you reach that point. What s more, it doesn t actually slow the drivers on the ramp down you re just waiting on the ramp instead of waiting rodeway inn pigeon forge on the interstate.
Just join a gym with towel service. Stuff a few in your bag and you re set. A little upper body workout for you anyway will build those shoulders out and make your ears seem to stick out less . (funny post btw)
@Dan- Yeah beat me to it. Being here in PDX Stumptown is probably the best with retail locations, but Coava has good beans and for availability, Portland Roasters and Nossa Familia are my go-tos for home beans.
@lucky at least your hobby lends itself well to living in the PNW: in June when you haven t seen the sun in 8 months, you should be able to have enough miles to go to Mexico, Australia or .Tampa lol. Though supposed to be a warm dryer El Nino winter this year meaning that you are lucky in more ways than one.
Also, Washington State Patrol will ticket you for crossing a single solid white line (other than the HOV lane) as well. If you think traffic metering is silly, you re going to hate the variable speed zones (the speed limit signs are electronic and it changes due to traffic). Thing is, while counterintuitive, displaying a lower speed limit in heavy traffic actually increases traffic flow.
The best towels I have ever had came from the W Hotels Store. rodeway inn pigeon forge They are the W Superplush Hotel Towels. They are a tad too plush at first but after about 10 washes (without rodeway inn pigeon forge any fabric softener) they settle into the perfect towel. Have used them for five years straight now and see no reason they won t go another five. Check em out during the next sale!
Recent Comments Rich A. on Singapore Airlines axes the world s two longest flights, between Singapore and Newark/Los Angeles saxorob on Chase Ritz-Carlton Rewards card from Chase: don t underestimate it! Eddy on Best Uses of American Express rodeway inn pigeon forge Membership Rewards Points by Region: rodeway inn pigeon forge Introduction Andrew on Ask Lucky duer on Chase Ritz-Carlton Rewards card from Chase: don t underestimate it! Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment