Monday, July 2, 2012

One of their representatives met us at the airport with a sign with our name on it and took us to th




Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers from around the world discussing all things las vegas pink jeep tours related to Scuba Diving. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
I used Thrifty.com to book our car reservation for 17days last May. Checked under Deals and there was one for $60 off a 2 week rental in Cozumel. Reserved the car and printed the coupon. Cost per day after the $60 off was $10.75. You can t purchase insurance on line. But I found out later that you could purchase it over the phone with a state side Thrifty rep. As to not be surprised I calledThrifty here in the states and got the number for Cozumel. Called and talked to Carmen who told me full coverage with zero deductable was $39 per day. The same as quoted from the rep in the states. We negotiated it down to $30, which I was happy with. Seemed to be in line with what others had paid. The total price per day was in line with the other rental companies that I have dealt with in the past. But forgot the insurance was pretax so add another $64 to the total cost. Carmen informed me that you can only pay withCredit Card or pesos no US dollars. I would pay in pesos after seeing las vegas pink jeep tours what my car rental really cost me last year after putting it on my CC.
I used Thrifty for three reasons. The cars are newer; they are located at the airport (no van fees for transfer to offsite shop), and great reviews. This was my first experience with Thrifty. They did upgrade me from a compact to a midsize. Received a 4 door automatic with AC andless than 6000 K on it. Plastic was still on the visors. Had radio and CD player and of course a few dents and scrapes. Nice to listen to some music while driving around the island. Next time will bring some CDs. Had no issues with the car, drove great and AC worked great and was really nice to have.
One of their representatives met us at the airport with a sign with our name on it and took us to their shop. There were 4 people infront las vegas pink jeep tours of us, getting and returning cars so it took 20 mins to be on our way. We just wanted to be on our way but just hit the shop at a busy time. When our turn came their rep wanted to keep my $60 off coupon, said it would be safer with them. He was right, one less thing for us to keep track of. When turning the car they had the coupon they took, settled with them and then was dropped us off at the airport in the same car.
Thrifty was great to work with. The only issue I had was the exchange rate they used on the contract 13.98. I didn t realize what that rate meant until 3 days after renting the car when I was figuring how many pesos I would need to settle with them at the end of my trip. I questioned las vegas pink jeep tours them on it when I returned the car and they did adjust it to 12.98 which they didn t have to do. Will use them again on my next trip in 2013.
Now using the rate of 12.98 (12.98 X 756) comes to 9812.88 pesos. That is a difference of 756 pesos - a savings to you. At the current exchange las vegas pink jeep tours rate at the time of 12.5 that s $60.48 USD savings if you pay in pesos.
OK let s say you paid with your CC. Your CC is charged 10568.88 pesos using the initial 13.98 rate on the contract and if like mine a 3% service charge is added and the rate of exchange is always lower than the current rate at the banks that I could get from an ATM with no fees. So let say your CC uses a 12.25 rate a � point below the current 12.5 at the time (10568.88 divided by 12.25) comes to $862.77 plus the 3% service charge, $888.65 your CC will be charged.
So the car rental las vegas pink jeep tours cost of $756.93 ends up costing $888.65 ifusing my CC and the initial rate of 13.98 on the contract. This is the reason I try not to use my CC in Cozumel and watch what exchange rate I m being charged. I don't know what other CC charge. Thisis based off my experience with my CC .
Try a Capital One Venture card. There is no 3% foreign transaction fee, no annual fee, and they get the best exchange las vegas pink jeep tours rate possible each day (much better than you and I would get anywhere in Mexico). las vegas pink jeep tours These (exchange rates) are savings that are passed on to the card holder. I do use cash (pesos) as much as possible when I'm in Cozumel, but that is an awesome card to have especially since almost las vegas pink jeep tours all the other banks get you with the transaction fee! I think they have a pretty good travel rewards program as well, but I have not researched it.
Try a Capital One Venture card. There is no 3% foreign transaction fee, no annual fee, and they get the best exchange rate possible each day (much better than you and I would get anywhere in Mexico). These (exchange rates) are savings that are passed on to the card holder. I do use cash (pesos) as much as possible when I'm in Cozumel, but that is an awesome card to have especially las vegas pink jeep tours since almost all the other banks get you with the transaction las vegas pink jeep tours fee! I think they have a pretty good travel rewards program as well, but I have not researched it.
Nice write up!. I also used Thrifty las vegas pink jeep tours in January '12 and was upgraded to a Jeep at no charge. las vegas pink jeep tours I found the rates competitive and had my credit Card (Capital One Venture) send me 2 original signed las vegas pink jeep tours copies of proof of insurance as long as I used their card for the transaction. So I declined the insurance and saved the money. Each of us has different comfort levels of insurance protection so buy it if you are more comfortable. The proof of insurance was accepted at the counter. Returning the Jeep was zero hassle and they even helped me with my bags to checkin. Count me as a big fan of the airport Thrifty also !!
It happens. In a small town on the way back from Chichen-Itza a few years ago, a guy tried a variant on us. After the tank was full, he quickly reset the pump, not realizing that I could see it from where I was sitting. He told us the total was about twice what it really was. I told him, no, it was this much, and I handed him the cash. He said he would call the police. I told him go ahead. I smiled and said nice try, though . He grinned sheepishly. las vegas pink jeep tours We drove off. No police came.
Everything I post is an opinion; I do not pretend to have any facts to offer. Much of what is posted here is in jest, and is not intended to be taken seriously. The sarcasm is often so subtle it's hard to detect.
vBNominate v1.2.4 vBulletin Mods Addons Copyright 2012 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. 2000-2012 All content is copyrighted to ScubaBoard.com, except for the Photo Gallery and under prior arrangements. Digital las vegas pink jeep tours Point modules: Sphinx-based search

No comments:

Post a Comment