Monday, July 23, 2012

I did get a tour of His course by the Hawtree team, so my visit was not a complete bummer. I was imp




The reader refers to golf architect Bill Amick 's remark, in my last post, that he was off to West Africa to build a dwarf course at an eco lodge. Or maybe it was an eco course at a dwarf lodge. But the reader, now that I look more closely, is Bill Amick. So I'll let him explain the term.
I coined that label, dwarf course, because of my mother. She was a wonderful woman and I loved her very much, but she was short. For some reason, she was never fond of me calling her a dwarf. Hey, she should have known that life, like golf, is not always fair. For instance, she could not have become a member of the Augusta National Golf Club . Though that was not because of her limited vertical stature.
I was extremely pleased that Ridgewood Golf Club [formerly Chestuee Golf Country Club ] made it into your latest top 20. And I'm proud that, after looking it up, I know it by its current name. It has always been a rule of mine that a golf course big bus tours in london england architect should at least know the names of the courses he or she has designed. Not knowing big bus tours in london england would be almost as bad as the over-the-hill touring pro who, having put his signature on a course, had to be pointed in the direction of the first tee for the ceremonial big bus tours in london england opening round.
As you know, I made it up to The Trump in Aberdeen [No. 51] to share the ceremonies big bus tours in london england with my friend Martin Hawtree . And here's what really burned me. As my taxi was delivering me down the entrance road, The Donald was leaving in his long black limo. He did not wait for me at the clubhouse nor even wave as we passed on the road. I guess some Americans are just rude.
I did get a tour of His course big bus tours in london england by the Hawtree team, so my visit was not a complete bummer. I was impressed by it all, and in a later message I'll attach what I write for ByDesign with my impressions of the course.
When I got to Ghana, I'm happy to say, there was no rude American passing me in his long black limo as I entered the property. But I did think of my dear, late mother. Have I ever mentioned that she was not a particularly tall person?
Top 50 on TV : Nothing big bus tours in london england this week, but on Wednesday afternoon I joined big bus tours in london england my Sports Illustrated colleagues, Alan Shipnuck and Michael big bus tours in london england Bamberger, for a lovely round at 17th-ranked Royal Birkdale Golf Club . We were playing hooky from our British Open assignments, but Alan made it kosher by writing big bus tours in london england a broadly-comical yet deeply-moving GOLF.com column about our round. (Deeply moving when he describes me as a "premier ball striker"; broadly comical when he pegs Michael as a "crafty" links player.)

No comments:

Post a Comment