Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I haven t tried to ticket this, though Sean reports that he was successful and had only 4 miles dedu




Recent Comments Gary on Q A on the Excellent new york vacation packages New Citibank Hilton Reserve Card Glenn on Q A on the Excellent New Citibank new york vacation packages Hilton Reserve Card Gary on Q A on the Excellent New Citibank new york vacation packages Hilton Reserve new york vacation packages Card Autolycus on Q A on the Excellent New Citibank Hilton Reserve Card Robert Hanson on Some Answers on Hilton HHonors from Jeff Diskin, Sr. VP Global Customer Marketing Archives Select Month July 2012
I ve checked this with tickets originating in Shanghai and in Beijing (though I haven t checked other cities), and for business and economy awards, and the result is the same. Here s for a Beijing-Hong Kong roundtrip in business:
I haven t tried to ticket this, though Sean reports that he was successful and had only 4 miles deducted. It remains to be seen whether this will be honored or not. My guess is that it will not be, but some may find this useful even though pricing out this way appears to require starting the award off in China.
Update 2:23pm Eastern: It does not appear over, despite comments suggesting otherwise. Remember that the United website is glitchy. It hangs. It gives errors. The key is that you have to connect new york vacation packages in Hong Kong or have Hong Kong as your destination at this point, regardless of where you re originating.
And if you have problems with the United website, clear out and start over. My advice to minimize glitches is to be logged in when you start your search and to already have your credit card on file in your account. Ideally to even have the passengers loaded into your profile.
I disagree, at least it is not obvious to me that an airline saying that the number of miles required for a promotional 'free' ticket counts new york vacation packages as raising the 'price' of that ticket at least as far as DOT regulations are concerned. But then I am not a transportation lawyer.
As of this moment, no one knows whether United will honor these tickets or not. Let s just hold our collective breaths for the next 48 hours to see. If I had to bet money, I would bet against. But stranger things new york vacation packages have happened.
If United doesn t honor these then everyone will certainly get a full refund. You can normally cancel awards for a full refund with no fee for 24 hours. If United doesn t honor them at 4 miles per person then I have to imagine that anyone that has a 4 mile per person e-ticket receipt but more miles than that deducted from their account will be able to get a full refund even after the 24 hour period.
It is still showing 4 miles. However, after I ticketed new york vacation packages the reservation with credit card it deducts the full award amount new york vacation packages from my miles balance. I went ahead and cancelled the reservation. oh well, it was a nice try.
I think I m the original poster of the glitch in UA sub-forum(the thread has been edited by myself, I want this one alive u know ). It seems the deal already being dead. Just FYI the departure cities are NOT only available in Asia. I was able to ticket 3 itineraries from YVR,YYZ and ORD to China. new york vacation packages But the glitch didn t work on US domestic flights.
Look folks: SHARES does NOT do instant ticketing. Just because it SAYS you have a reservation, it hasn t actually ticketed it yet. You have to wait a few minutes (up to a few days!) for the actual ticket number.
it will be fun to see how this thing play out. My receipts still say 8 and 4 miles, though like some of you said, the miles haven t been deducted yet, which is normal for UA to take a couple days to duct your miles. Is DOT ruling applicable for reward ticket too?
I got 4x Business tix, SIN-HKG. I got the ticketing confirmation email (e-ticket nos everything) new york vacation packages and it says that 16 miles were deducted, although a quick check of my account shows nothing deducted so far. Well, if it gets through, it s a nice vacation for the family at the end of the year.
Sounds like folks who have the proper number of miles are having that proper new york vacation packages amount deducted from their accounts. But lots of reports here that folks without the regular mileage balance required are still seeing tickets issued which is interesting.
* Some have speculated the DOT rules will require them to honor these. I disagree. I believe the rules are that they would have to cover any costs incurred associated with an assumption new york vacation packages that they would honor tickets that have been issued, not that they actually have to honor the tickets themselves (so if you re out non-refundable hotel, new york vacation packages they could be on the hook for reimbursing that). I have not paid attention whether this DOT position statement applies to award travel either.
in for fun. booked four of us to hong kong for thanksgiving. 16 miles and $162. i only had 900 miles left in my account after draining with last weekend s sq screw up. i will laugh my head off if this sticks. not ticketed yet, let s see how this plays out!
Talking about DOT if it does apply to this someone could book some non refundable hotel stays and get reimbursed by united for them? This could help get closer to my platinum status at Spg. I could book rooms at four hotels for four different nights. How can we check to see if DOT rules would cover this
@Tom it seems they are deducting the correct number of miles from accounts that have enough miles, even though the receipt shows a lower price. Accounts without the usual number of miles are getting ticketed new york vacation packages and no miles are being pulled.
Just got ticketed for SFO-HKG over Thanksgiving on United Global First and Asiana Business Class. It took about 5 minutes after purchase to receive the ticket number. $52.90 and 4 miles, and I haven t got more than 18k miles right now in my account, should they choose to try to take more later. Guess we ll see whether new york vacation packages I m still ticketed in a few days time
So what can we do if the correct miles got deducted, as according to the DOT regulation, that seems to be a violation, charging more than the customer was promised. Isn t it? What are people planning to do?
@Gary Thanks just tried again and it worked this time! I m even flying OZ from ORD-ICN-HKG and UA back from HKG-ORD. I do have enough miles so they will probably deduct the full 140K. But if they I ll cancel saying the total showed as only 4 miles. I m hoping they honor the cancellation policy beyond the normal 24 hours.
@Yaswanth you have a receipt showing a total price of 4 miles (per person) and the e-ticket receipt shows the total miles as 4 per person. So I am confident you should be able to get them to honor full refunds without penalty past 24 hours.
Sean, I hate to say it, but you should NOT have shared this offer. If you had just gotten the tickets for yourself, there was a chance this could have flown under the radar. But with tens of thousands of folks booking these (by the end of the day), there is zero chance. Sorry.
In checking United s My Account and the Current Reservations listing below for the subject reservation, mine only shows the 8 miles and the $88.40. No reference of ANY other miles. I m confirmed and ticketed but the 8 miles haven t been deducted yet. Guess we ll all wait and see -
in a perfect world, united should not honor it. it s obviously a glitch in the system. what s crazy is that so many of you out there want this to be honored new york vacation packages so some poor schmuck can get fired for this glitch.
I booked IAD-HKG; HKG-PEK; and PEK-IAD for a week next May. The website quoted me 4 miles and $73.70 taxes. However, it appears that the website is in the process of deducting 140,000 miles from my account.
new york vacation packages [...] later!Hong Kong-New new york vacation packages York for only 4 milesNew York-Hong Kong R/T for 4 miles and $42 (Hat Tip-View from the Wing) Alan FowlerWhat cities? Just NYC? thepointsguyMost US cities. I successfully new york vacation packages booked HKG- JFK and [...]
Have he UA tkt numbers and receipt from UA saying 4 miles deducted. But when I check account it was 60k for each tkt. isn t that something I should be able to argue. They give me a recept for one price and charge another.
Almost forgot to mention If you have Platinum or higher Premier status, you can cancel and have the miles redeposited at any time without charge. Gold PRemiers have to pay $100, and Silvers new york vacation packages have to pay $125. I m not sure about those without any status. They will refund the taxes no matter your status.
I got quoted new york vacation packages 8 miles and $81.00 for 2 passengers and then once it was ticketed I noticed they deducted 2 X 65,000 from my account so I guess it s a no go for me. One thing that is interesting is that the dates I chose were just standard award days but they gave me the super saver rate so that s something.
@Ken I have to imagine that ANYONE will be able to cancel at no charge after 24 hours if United gives you a receipt for 4 miles but charges you 140,000 or 280,000 or whatever and if United doesn t auto-cancel these for you.
@Joel unclear lucky thinks new DOT rules requiring airlines to honor tickets as they are sold will mean United has to honor these. I disagree, at least it is not obvious to me that an airline saying that the number of miles required new york vacation packages for a promotional free ticket counts as raising the price of that ticket at least as far as DOT regulations are concerned. But then I am not a transportation lawyer.
I booked one with Chrome and the last one on IE b/c of the traveler page being freeze (I am guessing they are updating the system in the background). I screenshot everything but so far they havent deduct any miles yet, so I guess I have to wait and see
@Will you can certainly add segments NOW. As far as later.. normally the answer would be yes, for the cost of a change fee if one applies to you. In a world where United honors these tickets (which I certainly think is less than 50-50) I could imagine them saying no changes of any kind . So who knows?
I love how UA could dispatch their programmers to work on clawing back the miles from their stupid promo, which might have saved them, what a few million miles .. and in the matter of a few hours this morning, new york vacation packages they just let a few million miles slip right out the door.
@Scott appears they have killed any ability to search for Hong Kong. Don t know yet if that means the

No comments:

Post a Comment