Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The local L�Unione Sarda newspaper quoted chef Giuseppe Demuro: When the woman came into the restaur




As a child, I recall seeing relatives carefully pick up lobsters, claws bound with rubber bands, from a styrofoam bin and place them in a pot of boiling water. As the lid was placed atop, I was assured that they don t really feel anything.
Earlier on Tuesday, a German couple felt just as concerned for the fate of lobsters and other crustaceans they saw in the window of a�fancy seaside restaurant, Mama Latina, on the Emerald Coast on the Italian island of Sardinia.
The local L�Unione Sarda newspaper quoted chef Giuseppe Demuro: When the woman came into the restaurant, san antonio texas river walk hotels she saw the lobsters straight away. She came and asked if they were still alive and if she could buy them.�
According to Agence France-Press (via Raw Story) , another customer told the Germans that the lobsters might not survive being returned to the sea and might simply be caught again. But the couple insisted san antonio texas river walk hotels and, after negotiating a price of�500 euros ($629), Mama Latina staff put the lobsters in a box and handed them over.
Why quibble on 'money spent' and where ... This was a grand act of compassion and, perhaps, some will indeed go to the wharves from now on. However, this singular act did bring much needed attention to an ongoing atrocity committed by unthinking humans
I am sick and tired of people asking why they aren't using their money on children instead of animals. There are far more people in this world and far more charities etc. designated for children than animals. I am grateful for people like this couple. I am grateful for every person who cares for and rescues an animal. I'll stick with the four leggeds thanks.
Oh no, there goes the food chain. Now, who knows what to eat, or maybe it's better not to eat. Yes, God acts in mysterious ways. I must survive so another may die. Great way to create san antonio texas river walk hotels life. So to believe means death to others, sounds great to me, as long as I am alive.
Kristina Chew teaches ancient Greek, Latin and Classics at Saint Peter's College in New Jersey. Since 2005, she has been blogging about autism, disability, and education, previously at Autism Vox. She also writes We Go With Him (autism.typepad.com) about life with her teenage son Charlie. less
CAUSES san antonio texas river walk hotels Animal Welfare san antonio texas river walk hotels Women's Rights Politics Real Food LGBT Global Development Civil Rights Children Education Environment Wildlife Health Policy Human Rights Global Warming trailblazers for good Canada UK CARE2 NEWS NETWORK care2 news network home submit a story my news Civil Rights Children Education Environment Health Policy Human Rights Global Warming san antonio texas river walk hotels Trailblazers Canada UK news network home submit a story my news my Care2 main my account my butterfly rewards my click to donate my eCards my friends my groups my kudos my messages my news my page my petitionsite my photos my sharebook my subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment