Thursday, July 5, 2012

The school of horticulture reminded me of my own beginnings, when I started out as a fresh faced tee




After new New York I flew up to Niagara falls where by chance the worlds media was gathered, along with several thousand spectators. As unbeknown to me Nik Wallenda was attempting to tightrope walk from America over the falls into Canada.
orbit travel rates I was staying on the Canadian side and was not expecting orbit travel rates the majestic falls to be flanked by such pleasant green space. There are linear parks bordering the river on both the American and Canadian sides. I cycled the open space on the Canadian side as it runs for several miles alongside the Niagara river.
It includes Queen Victoria park and contains some great traditional features. These include orbit travel rates a large rose garden, a botanic garden, butterfly conservatory, floral clock and an excellent school of horticulture.
The school of horticulture reminded me of my own beginnings, when I started out as a fresh faced teenager at the Royal Horticultural Society school of Horticulture at Wisley. Therefore, I always take a keen interest in anything to promote horticultural orbit travel rates training.
From Niagara orbit travel rates Falls I drove for several days across the top end of New York state on my way to Boston. Stopping off at Letchworth state park an interesting rugged wilderness. It was a joy to see and you will notice from my previous postings I never bore of forest, river ravines and waterfalls.
The final city on this world tour of parks was Boston, somewhere I had not visited before. I ve been ken to visit for sometime as I was aware Boston has some great parks and open spaces. Sadly, my time was limited so I only got to visit a small number of sites.
My first destination was Boston common the oldest urban park in the USA. It was a treat to see as it dates back to 1634 and has witnessed many important historical events. There were great mature elms, a popular playground and lake, but generally the site looked rather tired.
Rose F Kennedy Greenpoint orbit travel rates is a ribbon of linear parks stretching over a mile long. This welcome addition was created when the elevated carriageway carrying traffic was sunk into an underground tunnel. orbit travel rates Creating an opportunity to turn the new canopy into a new central linear park.
Leaving my hotel I stumbled upon a local community garden. I have always known about these and somehow managed to miss any in New York. Berkley street orbit travel rates community garden was a gem. Its origins lie with the local Chinese community back in the 1970 s.
The site is divided into small plots with tenants paying a small fee and in addition have to undertake several hours of community work. I really enjoyed the abundance of flowers, fruit and veg, as well as the creativity of the individual plots and the sheer joy they bring.
Final destination before flying home was a few days on Cape Cod. I met up with Chad and Steve two charming park rangers who help manage this large coastal reserve. They told me about issues arising from the high number of summer visitors, the shoreline habitat and protecting nesting orbit travel rates birds in the dunes.
I am shown their office a remote former coastguard station. It really has to be one of the most enviable office locations I have ever come across with its remote beach front location orbit travel rates and incredible views out into the Atlantic ocean.
Well folks after spending the last two months travelling across orbit travel rates America I m finally flying home. Its not the last you will hear from me as I will follow up with highlights of this tour of parks and open spaces. I wish I could go onto more destinations, but then I am so looking forward to cooking my own food, sleeping in my own bed and not living out of a backpack!

No comments:

Post a Comment